Essential Job Functions
- Conducts technical research, testing, evaluation and documentation of routine hosting/configuration tools and methodologies to ensure that tools are current and functional.
- Assists in creating application architectures and populating an application host/configuration matrices with appropriate strategies, timelines and cost information to increase cost efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in designing application modules that work together to produce desired product and to ensure that performance guidelines are met.
- Assists in the planning of technical support infrastructure through the creation of service level agreements; assists in the transition from application development to support; ensures that appropriate support is available to clients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works with product development teams and senior designers to develop architectural requirements to ensure client satisfaction with product.
- Assists more experienced architects in providing high-level analysis and design reviews to other department members to avoid duplication of effort in solving the same application problems with different products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
- Six or more years of application architecture and/or product development experience
- Experience working with software systems, applications and network markets
- Experience working with application design principles and product configurations
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with programming to understand product line software
- 7 years of professional programming experience Umbrella, Hogan, Banking industry experience required Assembler Language or ASM or HLASM, Internal knowledge of UMBRELLA and PEM Minimum 5 years experience with IBM mainframe under z/OS, COBOL, IBM's Job Control Language, programming with IBM's High Level Assembler Minimum of 3 years experience with IBM's CICS/TS and/or IMS/TM DB preferred Some experience with CLIST, REXX and coding ISPF Some exposure to programming for TCP/IP and MQ Series a plus Diagnostic and Debugging Tools familiarity Some exposure to Source Management Products Some programming experience in DB2.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills . Ability to create technical documentation
- Good skills in application design and architecture and personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, application development personnel and management
- Good analytical and problem solving skills for design, coordination and testing of applications
- Good interpersonal skills for communicating with business unit personnel, customers and vendors
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with relational databases